Extend Liberty to the next generation with your gift today. To make a gift to the Trust, please use this information:
Please direct gifts under $1,000 to Patriot Foundation Trust.Payable To: Patriot Foundation Trust
Tax ID Number: 02-6180017
Fund Administration Contact: Mark Caldwell
Legal Address: 820 Scenic Highway, Lookout Mountain, Tennessee 37350
Please direct gifts over $1,000 to Generosity Trust Liberty Fund.Payable To: Generosity Trust Liberty Fund
Tax ID Number: 62-1536731
Fund Administration Contact: Mark Caldwell
Legal Address: 345 Frazier Avenue, Unit 205, Chattanooga Tennessee 37405
- Consider an estate gift to Patriot Foundation Trust by listing PFT as a beneficiary of your estate, including 401K or IRA plans.
- Charitable Gift Annuity - Immediate
- Receive a fixed payout and significant tax benefits.
- Charitable Gift Annuity - Deferred
- Recommended for younger donors to build retirement earnings for the future.
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Discover an innovative way to pass appreciating assets on to family members while making gifts in the interim.
- Pooled Income Fund
- Give cash or securities, receive an income tax deduction, avoid capital gains tax on the transfer and secure lifetime income.
- Remainder Annuity Trust
- Make a large gift and receive a fixed-income payout each year.
- Remainder Unitrust
- Make a large gift and create a flexible source of retirement income.
- Retained Life Estate
- Receive a large deduction by donating a residence while retaining the right to live there for life.
Leave a Legacy of Liberty
Support Patriot Foundation Trust and Generosity Trust Liberty Fund
For more information about making outright gifts, deferred gifts and testamentary gifts, please contact the trust administrator via e-mail or by phone at 423.822.1825
Why Should I Make a Planned Gift?
Goals and Benefits
|Your Goals||Your Strategy||Your Benefits|
|Maximize your deduction; minimize the gift details||Use cash to make your gift to the Patriot Foundation Trust||Claim your deduction against a larger portion of your adjusted gross income and make an immediate impact on the Patriot Foundation Trust|
|Afford a larger gift to the Patriot Foundation Trust — and avoid capital gains liability||Give appreciated stock or bonds held over one year||Buy low and give high — make a gift that costs you less than the benefit it delivers to us, while avoiding capital gains tax|
|Make a gift for the Patriot Foundation Trust's future that doesn't affect your cash flow or portfolio now||Put a bequest in your will (cash, specific property, a share of the estate residue or your 401K and IRA plans)||Today — a gift that costs you and your family nothing. Tomorrow — an estate tax deduction|
|Retain income benefits from the assets you give to the Patriot Foundation Trust — thus afford a larger gift||Create a charitable gift annuity or a charitable remainder annuity trust or unitrust||Receive income for your lifetime; receive a charitable deduction; diversify your holdings|
|Reduce high tax liability now; gain additional income later||Establish a deferred gift annuity||A larger deduction and a higher income rate than other life-income gifts offer|
|Tap one of the most valuable assets in your portfolio to make a gift to the Patriot Foundation Trust||Use real estate to make your gift to the Patriot Foundation Trust||Avoid capital gains tax, receive an income tax deduction — and have the option of a gift that doesn't affect your lifestyle|
|Reduce gift and estate taxes and control the timing of passing assets to your children and grandchildre||Create a charitable lead trust which supports programs at the Patriot Foundation Trust for a fixed, finite period with the principal going to your heirs.||Reduce gift and estate taxes, and freeze the taxable value of growing assets before they pass to your family|
|Avoid capital gains liability on the transfer of a business or partnership interest||Contribute the partnership interest or closely-held stock to the Patriot Foundation Trust||Avoid capital gain liability, receive an income tax deduction, and utilize a gift asset you may have overlooked|
|Make an endowment gift from income rather than capital||Create a new life insurance policy, or donate a paid-up policy whose coverage you no longer need||Increase your ability to make a significant gift to the Patriot Foundation Trust|
Assets You Can Give
- Appreciated Securities
- The IRS allows you one of its most significant tax breaks for gifts of appreciated securities.
- Business Interests
- Give the Patriot Foundation Trust an interest in a closely-held or family business.
- Maximize your charitable deduction and deliver immediate benefits to the Patriot Foundation Trust.
- Life Insurance
- Use an unneeded policy to make a donation.
- Partnership Interests
- Support the Patriot Foundation Trust by transferring an interest in a real estate or oil-and-gas partnership.
- Real Estate
- Make a substantial gift to the Patriot Foundation Trust through a transfer of residential, commercial, or undeveloped real estate.